Expert Perth roof maintenance for ultimate peace of mind
Just once a year is all it takes to maintain your roof and keep a sound waterproof cover safely over your head each night. The best way to avoid potentially exorbitant roof repairs is to keep on top of your Perth roof maintenance.
Complete Your Own DIY Roof Inspection
For budding DIYers, here are our top tips for carrying out a proper inspection:
- Inspect all roof penetrations and their associated silicone seals to make sure they are watertight
- Inspect any flashing and all sheet joins for defects, making sure they are secured
- Look for any signs of corrosion (rust) on your roof or in your gutters
- Thoroughly inspect any areas of corrosion found for pitting – this will determine the severity of the corrosion
- Ensure all valleys and fascia gutters are cleared of any rubbish or tree debris
- Ensure all roof fixings are tight
- Ensure all downpipe outlets are clear to avoid water pooling in your gutter system
Tile roofs come with a few additional requirements:
- Inspect all capping tiles and associated mortar joins for splits and defects
- Inspect all roof tiles for splits
- Inspect the underside of roof tiles for fretting
As an FYI, if you do experience a roof leak during or after a storm and the leak is unrelated to any wind or impact damage to your roof, your insurance company may refuse to cover the cost of external repairs, deeming the cause of the damage due to “inadequate roof maintenance”. It’s therefore very important to carry out a quick maintenance check prior to winter to avoid these frustrating complications. However, if you’re not confident in performing a roof maintenance check or you would prefer the skills and expertise of a professional Perth based team, APM Roofing and Gutters has you covered.
We provide comprehensive residential and commercial roof reports as well as storm drainage work, including:
- Gutter maintenance
- Gutter repairs
- Gutter cleaning
- Downpipe maintenance
- Downpipe repairs
- Downpipe cleaning
We’ll identify any current or potential roofing issues and give you full peace of mind in the event the weather turns bad! With 35 years of experience in the industry, we can advise on the roof repairs you need or whether you need to consider a re-roof or roof replacement. When it comes to roof maintenance in Perth, it pays to trust an established, professional and friendly team of lifelong tradesmen.
If you have any questions, need some advice, or would like to organise a quote, contact APM Roofing and Gutters today.
About APM Roofing
For all emergency repair enquiries please call:
When it comes to Perth reroofing, it pays to trust an established, professional and friendly team of lifelong tradesmen. If you have any questions, need some advice, or would like to organise a quote, contact APM Roofing and Gutters today.
Customer Service Focused
No job is too big or too small for us. Once we’ve assessed your requirements, we’ll be able to make an informed decision on whether you need a full replacement or if repairs will suffice.
We provide a 24/7 emergency callout repair service to take care of your residential or commercial roof leaks, as well as re-roofing, roof replacement and storm drainage repairs, ASAP.
We’re your friendly roofing experts, a proudly West Australian and family run business with over 35 years of experience in the industry.
We only use tried-and-tested Bluescope Colorbond and Zincalume steel products to ensure the highest level of quality and peace of mind. When looked after the roof & gutters we install can last you for over 25 years!